As a Policy Specialist (Singapore / APAC), you will radically transform the food system by:
- Acting on and continuously developing our client’s policy programs and strategy for Singapore
- Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of Singapore’s food regulatory landscape, including government policies and national priorities.
- Develop, drive and manage the delivery of projects in an efficient and timely manner.
- Building and actively managing strong, meaningful, long-term relationships with impactful and relevant stakeholders in Singapore.
- Inspire and expand support in acceleration of the plant-based, fermentation-derived and cultivated meat, egg and dairy industry amongst government agencies and nonprofits.
- Securing government support for open-access alternative protein R&D.
- Leverage relationships to drive public funding towards most impactful R&D projects.
- Represent our client at the National Mirror Committee for Plant-based Standards and the Novel Foods Pro-tem Committee to work towards a level playing field and the international harmonisation of regulations and fair labeling policies for alternative proteins.
- Sharing best practices from the experiences at other entities across the world to secure a smooth implementation of regulatory frameworks for novel foods and labels for alternative proteins in Singapore.
- Supporting Singapore government in their aim for clear and efficient regulations so that more foods come to market safely and properly labeled.
- Act as a knowledge partner to the Singapore Food Agency when they are seeking advice while developing their regulations for novel food ingredients.
- Representing a Singapore’s perspective in global initiatives and projects.
- Representing our client’s movement in multilateral processes on a case-by-case basis.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as economics, political science, public policy etc.
- A minimum of five years’ professional experience in a related field.
- A proven track record of a minimum of three years of previous relationship management: cultivating relationships with individuals, government and semi-governmental agencies.
Interested candidates please click apply or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
EA Registration No: R1880053 (TAN GUAN HONG)
Links HR Singapore Pte Ltd | EA License No: 09C5322